- Volunteer to babysit your married friend’s rugrats so they can spend the babysitting money at the ridiculously expensive movie theater.
- Invite all your Valentine’s Day hating single friends over for an Anti-Valentine’s Day party, or a prohibition-themed St. Valentine’s Day Massacre Party, complete with a Speak Easy and Great Gatsby costumes.
- Get that mani-pedi you’ve been talking yourself out of. Or go all out and get an entire spa package!
- You have permission to binge eat and sulk… but don’t do it alone! Call all your other single friends, coworkers, and acquaintances and host a slumber party!
- Shed the sweat pants and turn off Netflix! Grab a friend or go stag to a singles mixer, speed dating event, or singles cruise.
- Don the sweat pants, turn on Netflix, and have a date with your favorite celebrity crush, watching everything they’ve ever been in.
- Start a Secret Admirer Gift Exchange with your friends or co-workers where you draw names and be that person’s Secret Cupid, leaving little gifts them.
Valentine’s Day is just another day. And just like every other day, it is what you make of it. So go make it awesome!
Genevieve West is a wine-drinking, coffee-chugging, domestically-challenged, Relationship and Dating Consultant, author, wife, and homeschool mom, saved by grace. She lives in Portland, Oregon with her husband and their three children.